Friday, October 13, 2006

Ooops. It’s a lapse in blogging!

I blame it on Canadian Thanksgiving for making me lazy. Actually, what really happened is that I got busy at work and took on a side job doing some online stuff. I also went into one of my crazy “throw everything out!” phases. This is rare, and I’m not really good at it. After all, I still keep that section in my closet with clothes from high school. There’s not very many of them, and they are all vintage finds from Layman House (a blast from the past for Londoners!)…but still… If it weren’t for people like me who keep things, then we’d never have any cool things to find in antique and vintage stores J I do keep a close watch on my hoarding though… I always figured I’d end up one of those ladies that they have to forcefully remove from her house filled with cats and piled up newspapers. I’m sort of not kidding…



Well, CBGB’s is closing for good. The last show is Oct. 15th. I want someone I know to be there! Unfortunately tickets are already gone. I want a splinter of wood from the bar, or a paint chip. *sigh* I find it all very sad. And reopening in Las Vegas is even sadder. I think Wendy’s idea of blowing it up after the last show is much better and fitting way to close it down.

I love this video for Iron and Wine’s “Naked as they Came”. Yay for the fish! Simple and lovely.

2 Comments:

At 11:25 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you ever make it to CBGB's? I never did, but Evi just sent me a shirt from there.

I wish you could teach my mom something about saving things...she gets rid of everything which means we have no old family treasures!

 
At 2:41 p.m., Blogger Sadie Says said...

Yes, I went there years ago on one of my visits to NYC (and we almost got mugged outside. So appropriate lol). I asked Kris to get me a shirt when they were there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home