Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Wow, Christmas is busy! I forget that every year. It’s good busy, of course, but there’s definitely not a lot of time to just hang out and get bored.

Speaking of Christmas… I came across Calendario Romano 2007 on one of the shopping sites I visit for gift ideas (which I’m not linking back to for obvious reasons!). But really, is this allowed? I was so intrigued I had to know more. The calendar is put out by the photographer and is not in any way affiliated with the Catholic Church. But still! March’s photo makes me blush. You must admit, it's a lovely calendar, taboo or not.

I’m still angry that all of the snow we had (several feet!) melted in a couple of days. Now it’s warm again and ugh… the sun is shining! But I tried to ignore it and Pete and I did some shopping downtown last weekend. We had a yummy Thai lunch in the Market and then visited Eldon House to see it all done up for Christmas. For those not familiar, it’s the oldest house in London. It was owned by the Harris family until 1959 when they handed it over to the city along with most of its contents to make into a museum. I hadn’t been there since I was a teenager—and I got so much more out of it this time around! The guide told us that you could read the original diaries of several Harris women in the UWO archives (with white gloves only of course!). I need to take about a year off just so I can do that sort of stuff!

3 Comments:

At 11:17 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah I don't think that should be allowed :) It's just not right to view a priest as a hotty.

I'm annoyed too that we won't be having a white Christmas. Hopefully next year will be a white one.

 
At 1:05 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

That calendar is so wrong it's...no, it's just wrong!

 
At 8:38 a.m., Blogger Noelle said...

It seems so perfectly Catholic to give you a calendar of things you can't have. And then feel guilty about it. Very wrong, indeed. Where can I get one?

I wish I could have a Thai lunch. I haven't had Thai food since I moved out of the city, and that is a big minus for the suburbs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home