Sunday, January 28, 2007

Arggg! After a very busy and stressful week that had me remarking "What contest in hell did I just win?" several times over... I thought I'd turn to shallow and easy topics here on the old blog. Namely, shopping.

Some of my favorite blogs right now are posting their favorite items. "Favorite toothpaste", and the like. I love posts like this. I love hearing about products that are so good, they make people a) want to rave about them to their friends and b) keep a loyal following. So, I hereby solemnly swear, that I shall make a post every day this week highlighting a product that I'm jazzed about. I hope others that read this and have a blog, will do the same. And, if you don't have one, leave some ravings in the comments. I want to spend my money!

I'll start out with Method. They make household cleaners and soaps. Boring, right? Wrong! I first noticed them because of thier beautifully designed packaging (I am a sucker)... but believe me, they are more than just a pretty face. I started with the foaming hand soaps--the Green Tea and Sweetwater scents are so beautiful you won't be able to stop sniffing your hands.

Then, after nearly passing out, yet again, while cleaning the bathrooms with Fantastic (the stench gets in my lungs and holds on for dear life!) I decided to try Method's spray cleaners. I tried the all purpose (the Grapefruit scent) and the tub and tile cleaner (to remove soap scum in the shower). Not only do they smell good, they did an excellent job--and I didn't feel like I was going to cough up my lungs or poison the water system.

But the best is yet to come... they don't test on animals. Never ever! Not with any of their products. They look good (the bottles were designed by Karim Rashid), they work good, and they don't hurt animals. That's the holy product trinity!

In Canada you can buy Method Products at Shoppers Drug Mart and Zellers. In the States you'll find them at Target.

Check the Method website for a list of their products and more about the business:

1 Comments:

At 12:08 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I discovered Method this summer when the woman I bought my house from kindly left a bottle of hand soap in the kitchen. Just yesterday I was at Target and bought a new bottle (cucumber). I didn't notice the spray cleaners, but I'll look the next time I'm there!

I'm looking forward to reading your daily favorites this week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home