Thursday, June 07, 2007

I know, I know. I've taken far too long to update. Funny how when you're bored you want to write in your blog, but when you're busy and have lots more to say, you just can't think of a thing to talk about.

The bedroom is done--for the most part. But I went to Ikea on Saturday to buy a few things... and I came home with the wrong lamps. They were boxed and I guess I grabbed the wrong box. I grabbed the one called: fhaekhdkfjaodhj instead of the one I really wanted called: dkjflahfefieuwyr (with a funny accent over the u). The thing is, I can't bring myself to put the old lamps back in there. It would just be... wrong. So now I have to wait until a) I can convince Pete to take me to Ikea or b) I find some in town. I'll take pics once we're done and post them here.

So enough about the bedroom. I'm going to get really domestic on you for a minute and talk about a cookbook. I'm really not a cook. I like to eat but I don't like to prepare it (usually becuase I'm tired and lack imagination). But I bought the BEST cookbook I have ever used in my life. I've bought lots of cookbooks, and they are ok, but we never RAVE about the food like we have been with every single thing we've made out of this one.


Everyday Food
(From the Kitchens of Martha Stewart Living)

The recipes are sorted by season, so you're eating food that's in season and fresh (and you can buy locally). The flavours are varied and delicious and the recipes are so simple, healthy and fast (nothing over 45 mins including cooking time).

Our favourites so far include:

Fish Tacos (a healthy version, unlike the ones we got hooked on in San Diego from Rubios!)
Cashew Chicken
Salmon with lemon relish

I hate to admit it, but I actually look forward to making dinner now. But don't tell anyone...

Apparently this book is based on a magazine and a TV show--and it looks like we get it on PBS in our area. The website lists the fish taco recipe (be sure to toast the tortilla--it's KEY to the deliciousness).

1 Comments:

At 11:53 a.m., Blogger Louise said...

If you want to return your lamps you have to come visit me on Sunday and get Pete-o to drive you to IKEA. I think it's about an hour drive from my place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home