Wednesday, April 18, 2007


Behold my new poster, and mantra. Please excuse the crappy picture--do you know how hard it is to take a picture of a picture?

This is a reproduction of one of a series of posters put out by the British Government during World War II. Keep that stiff upper lip, citizens! Not only are they wise and obvious words, but whenever I'm feeling stressed about my silly life, I can say "At least bombs aren't falling on my head."

I bought the poster online from Barter Books in Northumberland, England and I should also thank Anna at Twelve22 for calling my attention to it in the first place by posting about it on her blog.

7 Comments:

At 9:49 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your poster and it could certainly be relevant today.

Kris

 
At 10:39 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I will print this out and put it on my desk.

 
At 1:36 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are you telling me this? Is something bad going to happen?

Excuse me, I'm going to go curl up in the hall closet until the danger has passed.

 
At 6:13 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would look good on t-shirt, I'm sure it will sell loads....hhhmmmm...that gives me an idea!

 
At 10:39 a.m., Blogger Sadie Says said...

Do it! It would make a great t-shirt. Although, the phrase seems to have an alarming effect on some people (ahem...Pat).

 
At 11:05 a.m., Blogger Noelle said...

I love Britishisms, they sound so weird in America! I would totally buy that T-shirt.

 
At 3:03 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need that poster at home right now as I wait for my job offer to go through. Yes you heard right I have a job offer as a graphic designer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home