Monday, April 02, 2007


Ever since I discovered Alfred Hitchcock films, I’ve been in love with the art form that is Title Sequences. Saul Bass is famous for his title sequences for Hitchcock, Stanley Kubrick, Martin Scorsese, John Frankenheimer and the one that started it all: Otto Preminger’s The Man with the Golden Arm. Read more about Saul Bass here.

One of my favorites lately, is the end title for the film “Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events. I went to see it at the theatre and thankfully, stayed for the mesmerizing end titles. The movie is good and the set design is amazing, but those end titles made we want to buy it when it came out on DVD. Read more about the producer here.

All this to say that last week I came across a website highlighting title sequence art in movies. You can actually view the sequences right online. Check it out here: http://www.submarinechannel.com/titlesequences/

What are your favorite movie title or end sequences?

1 Comments:

At 11:49 a.m., Blogger Noelle said...

Wow, they have a lot of movies I've never heard of. I watched Memento again last night, and that has a great intro, but that's only because it sets the mood perfectly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home