Friday, March 23, 2007

One of the music posting boards I read has gotten off topic lately. There's been post after post about designer handbags. This whole topic in general turns me into a werewolf (truly-- hair standing on end, claws coming out...) but I've been good and kept quiet. But then today... TODAY, someone posted a link to a particular handbag that costs $2,085.00 U.S. dollars. THEN this person said that they thought it was so attractive, it was one of the few that are worth the money. Worth it. That's what she said.

Incidently, I love how the price isn't an even two thousand bucks. They had to add that 85 dollars to the price. "Yeah, it's definitely worth more than two grand. Let's add another 85. A hundred bucks might be a little much... we don't want to seem greedy."

But seriously now. This purse is worth 2 mortage payments (4 if you're paying bi-weekly). I'd expect it to be woven from the pubic hair of unicorns. Instead it's made out of regular old dead cow skin with special lacy details obviously punched out with a machine. The problem is that this isn't even an anomoly. There are hundreds of these purses out there for sale, and for some reason, people buy them AND think they are worth the money.

Don't get me wrong, I love a nice bag, but if I ever have so much money to burn that I feel the need to buy a 2 thousand dollar purse, I hope someone punches me in the face.

4 Comments:

At 2:04 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I have different taste than others, but isn't that a freakin' ugly bag? I could think of a million other uses for 2 grand. Pay bills, pay off debt, invest it....

 
At 2:43 p.m., Blogger Noelle said...

The things I could do with 2 grand and 85 dollars... Money's wasted on the rich. Also, the image of a unicorn with pubic hairs is one I'm not going to shake for a long time.

 
At 2:48 p.m., Blogger Sadie Says said...

Well, I wanted to say how ugly I thought that bag was, but there's no accounting for taste. A sucker, however, is what I'd call anyone paying that much for a purse.

p.s. Unicorn pubic hairs are most certainly as soft and fuzzy as a bunny's cheeks.

 
At 2:20 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

its cute for like maybe $50, but certainly not $2085!

you're not alone... a couple weeks ago a very ugly bag by some designer was all over the newspapers bragging about $40,000 - yup, and Rosie O'Donnell on the View said she would craft an identical bag... which she did, brought it in and showed it and was putting it on ebay for charity.

and yes, money is wasted on the rich. ridiculous.

- Kris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home